Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, February 1, 2013

Covered Road

It's still snowing - with no sign of stopping until sometime on Monday. Here's the snow hanging over the edge of the roof again.


That may be normal for this time of year, but the temperature is another story. Our high temperature today was 4°, and it's currently -1°. That's definitely not typical. The historical average high temperature on February 1 is 22°. I had to check the computer for the temperature today, because I couldn't read the thermometer.

I've included a short video in this post. I've previously written about driving on the "covered road" on the way to Copper Harbor. It's actually a curvy section of Hwy 41 where some of the tree branches extend over the road. If you look at the map below, the "covered road" is in the area of Hwy 41 that's outlined in purple and highlighted in yellow.

The only video I've ever taken on this road was at night, so the quality wasn't blog worthy. There's a local website that I check out each day (www.pasty.com), and they added a video of the "covered road" that was taken on January 24. Keep in mind that Keweenaw County has had about 2 more feet of snow since the video was recorded.

Click on the following link to watch the video:


I don't think the video was shot on the most dramatic portion of the drive, but it's still pretty. If you've never been to the Keweenaw, it will give you a little taste of it.

We're staying warm on this first evening in February. All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.