Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, February 28, 2014

An Eventful Day

Hi, Cocoa here again. Mom said I could write the last blog post for February. She still doesn't feel normal, but she is getting better. Her headache wasn't as bad today. She spent the day doing laundry and making a big pot of ham and potato soup (but she didn't give me any of it). Dad had to go to physical therapy, then the Traverse got stuck in the driveway, then he had to dig it out. Needless to say, he says he's pretty sore tonight. I enjoyed being outside with Dad. I played in the snow while he worked. 

The Copper Dog sled dog race started in Calumet this evening. I heard a lot of barking, and I was a little concerned about that. I tried to ignore it and went back into my doghouse to sleep. I was rudely awakened again at 9:00 tonight by something that sounded like guns. I don't like guns. Then, I saw some bright lights in the sky. 

When I heard Mom in the kitchen, I jumped up to look in the window at her. She knew I was scared, so she let me into the back porch until the noise stopped. She told me not to be scared; the bright lights were fireworks. I don't care what they're called; I still don't like them.

Now for the most exciting thing that happened today: Dad got a call from Steven. He's at the hospital with Beth, and they're going to have a baby boy anytime now. That means I'll be Aunt Cocoa pretty soon!

Mom says she'll write something tomorrow.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.