Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, March 24, 2014

Trip Up

March 15th was my first TRIP UP - my first trip upstairs, that is!

I had two purposes for visiting the new house that day. (1) To see the upstairs for the first time. (2) To make the decision on the proper location for the tub in the master bathroom that I wrote about in a previous post.

You may be wondering why I hadn't been upstairs yet. Well, the crew just completed both runs (of steps) and the landing between them. For most of this time, we had only the second run installed because we needed to have it checked by the building inspector before spending any more time on it. To get to that second run, you had to climb a ladder to reach the landing. (Yes, I can climb a ladder, but chose not to! Not getting any younger, you know.) When I visited the house on March 10th, the first run was installed, but the second run was not, so I could go no higher than the landing. Thus, my first trip UP the full set of steps was on the 15th.

We had some new snow the night before, so we made fresh tracks on the driveway when we arrived.

The snowfall we've received this season convinced Steve to take down some more trees along part of the driveway. He told the crew they could have the wood if they took down the trees, and they agreed. They hadn't finished cutting it all up when these photos were snapped. 

Steve had taken lots of photos of the upstairs for me, but it was really exciting to finally see it in person. I'm very pleased with the size of the guest bedrooms and guest bath. Here's a shot of the guest bathroom. The toilet will be on the right (near the location of that pink sticker).

Here's a shot through the doorway of the other side of the bath. The vanity will be immediately on your left. . .

and the shower will sit in the left rear corner of the room. 

It's not a huge bathroom, but it's larger than either bath we have in our Calumet house. Here's a peek into one of the guest bedrooms. . .

and a shot taken through one of the windows in that room. 

The windows still have a protective film on them, so that affects the picture quality a bit. Here's a shot into the other guest bedroom. . .

and the view through one of those windows.

That's not a spot where our Traverse will normally be parked when we're actually living there, so don't let that influence your decision on which guest bedroom you'll choose when you visit us!

I know I repeated the following sentence several times that day:  "I love, love, love the upstairs!" I was very happy to see the space our guests will occupy some day. You should be quite comfortable!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.