Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Is it Summer?

I'm not sure where spring went, but summer is here - at least for this week. It's 77° outside as I'm typing this. I generally prefer the low 70's, but the humidity is only 46% and we have a nice breeze, so it's very comfortable. Since this is the last day in May, I thought I had better share a few more May photographs.

Let's go out to the property first. Here's the most recent long shot of the house - taken on May 21st. 

Since I spent so much of my adult life with Webster as my last name, and since I so often signed notes/messages with my initials of J.W. when working in the school office, I think it's kind of neat that all our windows had stickers with "JW" on them.

Anyway. . . you can see our barn through the trees at this time of year.

I'm sure you noticed the mess in the foreground of that last shot. We're working on it.


We love our trees, but we don't consider ourselves tree huggers. We needed to take down a few more trees in that area (1) to widen the driveway for better snow removal, and (2) in order to use some of the dirt from that hill for fill around the house. Our contractors cut the trees down at "ground level" when we still had snow.

As you can see, "ground level" has changed since the snow melted.

Crazy, huh? 

Meanwhile, back in Calumet:  Things are continuing to "green up." Steve mowed the lawn for the first time on Thursday evening. I took this shot after dinner last night.

I noticed our first "pop of color" yesterday morning, but Steve had the camera with him on the property. I had to wait until he got home to take pictures, and we had 4 pops of color by then.





We're currently up to 8 pops of color. Whether it's spring or summer, all the pops are very much appreciated.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.