Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fireworks

We had a wonderful time with friends in Copper Harbor on July 3rd & 4th, and the parade was lots of fun. We were in the parade again this year - with our Corvette this time. I'll write more on that in a future post.

The weather was perfect, and we experienced NO bug bites while watching the fireworks! The fireworks were lovely (even though they misplaced one box and set them off about 30 minutes after the main display was finished!). I have a brand new camera with a fireworks setting. I used it but was disappointed with the photos on that setting. After I loaded the photos onto my computer, I remembered that I didn't use the fireworks setting on my old camera for the exact same reason. Live and learn. I'll know which setting to use for better fireworks photos next year! I did do some other experimenting, though, and shot a video showing part of Grand Finale. I was trying to watch the fireworks at the same time, so it's a little shaky. Sorry about that. (I compressed it to upload it, so I don't recommend watching it in full screen mode. It will get blurry.)

By the way, here's a daytime view of the island from where the fireworks are launched.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.