Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, October 11, 2014

It's Color Time!

I'm not talking about interior color. I'm talking about exterior color. Yes, I know the siding has been on the house for a long time now, and you've all seen photos of it. I'm not talking about the man-made colors on the exterior of our house. I'm talking about the God-created autumn colors all around us at this time of year. 

On a trip in late September, I took the opportunity to snap some photos while we were driving down the road. Here's some of the beauty we saw that day.



That view heading down into Hancock/Houghton is lovely at all times of year, but I think it's especially gorgeous in the fall. OK, the trip continued.



I know what you're saying now. "Hey, Julie. That last photo looks familiar, but I don't think it's a photo of Hancock or Houghton, and it's definitely not Calumet. Where were you that day? I thought Steve was too busy working on the house to take a color tour."

That's right. Steve is too busy for a color tour, but we needed to run an errand for the house project. The color tour was just a bonus. Here's where we were headed.

Menards in Marquette! 

And. . . as long as we were in Marquette, we decided to make a stop at one of our old favorite places from our Saginaw days.

Breadsticks! Mmmmmm! BLT pizza! Mmmmmm! Mmmmmm! We feasted like kings, and Steve had leftovers to take to the property the next day.

Another extra bonus that day? The guy at Jet's Pizza in Marquette told us they're going to build one in Houghton in the next 6 months or so! That new location obviously won't be delivering as far away as our new house, but it will be great to know that delicious pizza is only 30 miles away.

The sun came out as we headed back home.







Then, the sun started setting.


We always enjoy our trips to Menards. Something tells me we'll be making another one very soon. I'll take some more shots, so we can see how much of that beautiful fall color we have left.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.