Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Up North Update

I came across this poem yesterday. It spoke to me.

When I published the Tamaracks blog post on Thursday evening, it was raining. Just over an hour later, I opened the front door and saw this.

I turned on the light on the back of the house and saw this.

The lake effect snow had begun. 

Here's the view of the Tamaracks at 10:40 yesterday morning - with what I call a lake effect sky.

Suddenly, about 1:00 p.m., I noticed the sun was shining.

Well, that didn't last long. Here's the view 43 minutes later.

I haven't seen the totals for Calumet yet. I'm guessing we had 2 or 3 inches, but one spot just west of Marquette had 8 inches!

It will be back in the 40's tomorrow, so this snow won't last. I remember times that it snowed on Halloween in Wisconsin when I was a kid, too.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.