Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, January 9, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Upstairs Flooring

Time for another peek at the new house. You didn't get a peek last Friday, but I mentioned that the flooring had been installed in one of the guest bedrooms. Steve was able to move out of his temporary digs in the laundry room and into that guest bedroom - also temporary! Since I had mentioned the flooring, I thought it was only fair that I showed it to you this week. We had intended to do all hardwood flooring on the second floor - using either our pine or maple. When we realized that finishing the house was taking longer than we wanted this fall and our timeline was becoming a huge factor, we decided to purchase carpeting for the loft and guest bedrooms. The guest bedrooms won't be used very often, so we purchased something neutral that would wear well that we could be satisfied with for a long time. 

The color wasn't represented well in that last photograph. The next photo is a bit better.

The box is Steve's temporary nightstand.

Your bonus peek today is one of our dining chairs. Steve brought it up from the basement for me, so I could see how it looked with the tongue and groove. I'm planning to use these with my grandmother's antique dining table.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.