Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Word of the Year

Well, WE didn't meet our daydream goal of waking up in our new house on January 1, 2015, but STEVE DID!

Since we knew the new house wasn't quite ready for me to move into, we revised our New Year's Eve plans. My Aunt Edie and her husband decided to come up from Bessemer for a visit, and we all planned to drive up to Copper Harbor together, visit the park decorated beautifully with Christmas lights, have a nice meal at The Mariner, and stop by the new house to show them the progress on the way back to Calumet. The weather threw us a curve ball in the form of frigid temperatures, high winds and lake effect snow with lots of drifting and whiteout conditions. We also had a lakeshore flood warning, so we knew Hwy 26 would not be a good choice for traveling to or from Copper Harbor. Aunt Edie & Randy made the decision to cancel their plans when we discussed the weather forecast on Tuesday evening. The forecast proved true. It snowed - and blowed - and snowed - and blowed - all day yesterday. It was bad enough that Steve and I decided that the wisest decision was for him to stay put at the new house by himself last night. He called me at 11:40 p.m. and we stayed on the phone until after midnight to celebrate the new year together. We missed the kiss, though.

So, I didn't wake up in our new house this morning, but we're close. We've been looking forward to living in our new home since purchasing the property in the fall of 2003, so we have plenty of experience with waiting! 

In honor of the change that will soon be occurring in our lives, I've decided that my Word of the Year for 2015 will be: 

I can't wait to get there!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year Steve n Julie! I always said snow should NEVER come to you, but we live in michigan so just throw that out the door. Anyway, Happy New Year. Can't wait to visit to see your new home. God bless our good friends

    P.s. Good friends! Did I say that Julie? Must have been a weak moment. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, GOOD friends! Did I say that, Bill? Must have had a weak moment, too! C'mon, you know you REALLY miss all my good-natured teasing! Enjoy that new granddaughter you'll be meeting soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe! But you partner in crime(that would be Denise) is always there to hand me a breif reminder. Mark n Monica were in town today for an appointment. Any time now.
      Pray for carter. He tube put in his ears and adenoids removed. Anyway, told Roy today how cold it has been up where you guys are at. He said, GOOD! They can have it!(: plan on making a trip up this summer. Lord willing. Can't wait to see your new home. God bless!

      Delete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.