Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, February 13, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Master Floor

I'm giving you a sneak peek at the flooring in the master bath today. I wanted you to see how it looked with the white shower and the tongue and groove walls. Just ignore the mess in the shower.

Here's the master bath throne area. The linen closet is the space on the left, but the doors aren't on it yet.

This last photo shows the tile that will go around the top of the platform for the air jet tub, and it will also be used for the backsplash. Some of the little tiles are glass; some are stone. The sheet of tile is still covered with cellophane, but you get the general idea.

We aren't going to make Steve's latest goal of moving me in by Valentine's Day, but that's alright. Two weeks is more realistic. We've had lots to do in order to close up the construction loan during the last few weeks, and Steve has done quite a bit of snow removal. That took precious hours away from the job site. It looks like the coming week will be quite cold and snowy, too. I told Steve not to put any extra pressure on himself worrying about the Valentine's Day deadline. We just need a little more time for the flooring and plumbing to make the move happen. Steve will also need to call in some help to move furniture out of the new basement and into place in the master bedroom and great room. We're getting extremely close, however, and have made lots of visual progress in the last few weeks. I'm excited!

We're under a blizzard warning for tonight and into tomorrow!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I picked out/purchased the flooring at a local store months before I saw the tub tile when we were at Menards in Marquette one day. So, I bought the tile - trusting that my memory of the flooring (which I only saw once) was correct. Imagine my relief when I finally saw the two together for the first time on Jan. 31st.

      Delete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.