Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Meltdown? What Meltdown?

Well, that didn't last long. It started snowing on Monday morning and didn't stop completely until sometime yesterday - officially adding another 11 inches to our Keweenaw County total. That brings us to 271.5" for the season (as of early this morning).

Remember the stakes we have in the backyard? Here's the photo from last Saturday again.

Here's the photo from Tuesday.

Speaking of Tuesday, we were out and about - running errands and celebrating my birthday. OK, maybe I'm not so thrilled about the extra number I had to add to my statistics, but I am very thankful for another year of life. I wouldn't mind if time started to slow down a bit from now on, though, as I'm really enjoying our life in the Keweenaw.

This was my view out our bedroom window when I awoke on Tuesday.

Then, the view from the great room.

This particular tree captured my attention.

I zoomed in for a better look.

After a leisurely morning, we headed to Calumet and Houghton on some errands. I snapped a few photos as we made our way down our driveway. Love the beauty of that fresh snow.

The worst thing about having both of our birthdays in April is that it necessitates an expensive visit to get our new license tags every year. Steve also had to renew his driver's license this year, but I don't have to renew mine until 2017. We always find it amusing that we can walk in and right up to the counter to take care of that business up here - no taking a number and waiting in line necessary!

The best thing about having our birthdays 6 days apart is that it necessitates two visits to The Hut. They give you a FREE meal on your birthday. Naturally, you try to pick one of the most expensive meals on the menu, so I got the full rack of ribs and brought most of them home. I shared them with Steve as an evening snack for 2 nights, and Cocoa is getting all the bones (one or two each evening). Steve will order the same thing when we return for his birthday meal on Monday, but I know he won't be bringing home as many as I did. I'll be lucky to get a taste! Cocoa will still get all the bones, however.

I'm killing some time here at the new house - doing laundry and waiting for the guys to get here with the U-Haul truck we rented. They're emptying out our 2 remaining storage units today. Yes!

(OK, I was interrupted over 3 hours ago before I published this post. Would someone please remind me why I wanted some of my grandmother's furniture? Oh, yes - sentimental value. I just sat down for the first time since the guys arrived with the U-Haul, and I spent the last 3 hours cleaning the first piece off the truck - one of her china cabinets. I hate to tell ya, but it was one of the cleanest pieces. I'll probably be cleaning furniture all summer. Oh well. It will be worth it in the long run, and I'm thankful for each piece.)

The sun has popped out,

but it's cold.

Not sure how much melting will occur today. Like I said before, summer IS coming!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.