Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Crisp

Today is:

New Sheet Day!

Don't you just love the feel of crisp new sheets? These have been packed away for quite a few years - waiting for this house. I bought them quite a few years ago, and never used them. I found them yesterday, so I finally took them out of their package and washed them. 

I'll admit - I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to making our bed each day. I'm also obsessive about turning it down each evening. I just can't seem to get comfortable if the sheet isn't properly folded over the top of the comforter. 

When I was a little girl, I used to position myself in the middle of my full-size bed, line up a couple of my dolls perfectly on each side of me, and have my mom tuck in the covers on both sides of the bed - tightly. I must have looked like a little mummy. I perfected a unique way of turning over without disturbing the covers or my dolls. 

To this day, I still turn over underneath the covers; Steve tends to take the covers with him.

Anyway, Steve indulges my obsession by waiting for me to turn down the bed each evening. He has learned that if he turns down the bed, I will walk back and forth organizing it properly around him. Of course, the stacking order of the extra pillows is always carefully observed. Steve has always insisted that having a "made bed" isn't important to him. That is - until he spent so much time sleeping out here in a roll-away bed by himself during construction. Shortly after I moved in at the end of March, he actually admitted (unprompted) that sleeping in a well-made bed every night was really rather nice. (I don't want to give you the impression that he's a slob - far from it. He did throw the covers up over his pillow every day, but that was about it.) So, his wife is obsessive, and he has learned to appreciate it a bit!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.