Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, July 31, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - China Cabinet

I'm giving you a peek at my grandmother's china cabinet today. Grandma had a complete depression era dining set with the table, chairs, buffet and china cabinet. I have the table and chairs, but I'm not using the chairs. My mom has the matching buffet and china cabinet, as they fit into her space better. Grandma had a second china cabinet that I'm using instead. When we emptied our storage units at the end of April, that cabinet was moved into our house. 

It was really dirty; thus, the cardboard. I wish I had taken some photos before I started to clean it, but I was so consumed with wiping it down immediately that I didn't think to snap any pictures until I had already begun.

I didn't end up leaving it in that location near our bedroom door. I have our buffet there instead. The china cabinet is now all cleaned up and sitting in our dining area where it "just fits" between the window and the great room.

My copper collection is displayed on top. 

The inside is filled with a few of my pieces. . . 

and family heirlooms. . .

including this next piece. It's the oldest piece of glassware in our family - originally belonging to my 3rd great grandmother, Mary Esther Parker.

I'll take some of these pieces out of the cabinet for better photos and stories in future posts, but that's it for today.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.