Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, August 24, 2015

Customer Service Done Right

I'm sure you remember our struggles with AT&T and their customer service. (By the way, our land line still isn't buried and winter is fast approaching.) It sure is nice when we have the opportunity to experience a good example of customer service - especially when we're talking about a huge corporation. Since we recently had such an experience, I thought I should give them a pat on the back.

I know Walmart gets a bad rap from many people for many different reasons, but I do shop there for some of our groceries, pet supplies and toiletries. Our shopping options up here are quite limited, so I don't have a Meijer or Target available. When we visited Walmart last month, I picked up a large carton of their Great Value sour cream. Upon opening it for the first time a week later, I discovered that it was bad - really bad. It was watery and lumpy at the same time. No amount of stirring could make it come together in any type of normal sour cream consistency. Yuck! Just Yuck! The "sell by date" was quite far in the future, so it wasn't old, but something was definitely very wrong with it. There was no way I was going to use it or even taste it. Since we live in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't just run back to the store for a new carton.

I've purchased their brand of sour cream many times before and never had a problem with it, but I was irritated. I decided to send an email to Walmart - not thinking that anything would happen - just to vent my frustration. Well, they actually responded to me, and I gave them all the dates and numbers off the carton they requested.

Look what I got in the mail! 

It's really nice when a company does the right thing nowadays. 

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.