Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, August 21, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Another Christmas in August

I wrote about the Eagle Harbor Art Fair last Friday. I'm writing about Copper Harbor's Art in the Park today. This event took place last Saturday & Sunday, August 15th & 16th. We went on Saturday - arriving shortly after they opened at 10:00 a.m. It was warm - too warm for the Keweenaw. I think the temp topped out at about 84° in town, but it was humid and without much of a breeze. They had a nice selection of vendors in Copper Harbor anyway. Some had been at Eagle Harbor the prior weekend; some had not. Unfortunately, the man who made the birch bark vessel I mentioned last week wasn't there, so I missed out on that opportunity.

One of the booths that Steve found to be the most interesting was that of a retired gentleman who made toys and novelty items. Most of his toys were simple and unique, and his prices were very reasonable. We wanted to buy something for Max, so Steve selected something that represented our area - a log truck. . .

with logs. . .

in Grandpa's favorite color for vehicles - RED!

We won't give it to Max for Christmas, though. We'll give it to him next summer when they come to visit instead, so don't tell him! (I'm sorry, but I don't have the name of the vendor.)

So, it wasn't Christmas for Max, but it was Christmas for me. I couldn't resist this little guy. . .

at the booth of this vendor.

He's a bit bow-legged,

and he has soulful eyes

and a cute tail.

He's up in the guest room, and his planter box is currently displaying some Keweenaw tourist information.

I'll swap that out for poinsettias or other decorations when Christmas rolls around.

No more peeking today!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.