Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, September 11, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Front Porch

I'm giving you another peek at the front porch today. Steve sealed it with a few coats of Cabot's. One of our Calumet neighbors gave us 9 gallons of it this summer, so we have plenty left over to do the deck off the great room next summer (after we build it).

The porch is obviously not finished. We have the cedar to wrap the support posts and to make the railing, but other jobs are currently taking priority.

The temporary stair railing will also suffice for now, as this entrance is rarely used. The netting is keeping Cocoa off the porch for the time being, as Steve didn't want her nails to scratch up all his hard work.

Anyway, the porch is sealed and ready for the winter. You can see that we're still using the temporary front door knob. The fancy schmancy one was getting quite abused by some of the guys who were helping Steve with our tongue and groove last winter, so he swapped it out for this simple one when they were here. It will be swapped back eventually.

I still have to decide what color I want to paint the door and sidelight and what I want Steve to do with the open area between the porch decking and the ground. The possibilities are endless, so I'll delay those decisions until I pick out the faux stone to dress up the foundation of the house. That will also probably happen next summer.

I always say that Steve would go crazy without a project. He has innumerable projects here, so his sanity should never be in question!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.