Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

#2 - The Memory Tree

The new 9-foot Christmas tree in the great room is pre-lit with white lights. Since Steve is a fan of multi-colored lights, I wanted to make sure we had those on the Memory Tree. 

The Memory Tree is the 6.5-footer in the loft.

We're still using a temporary loft railing (to discourage folks from falling over the edge) made from scrap pieces of wood that will soon be replaced with something much nicer. I tried to dress it up a bit with garland and some old Christmas stockings, but I think I actually drew attention to it. Just ignore that ugly railing in the background of the shots of this tree. It won't be there next Christmas - I promise!

The Memory Tree is mostly a hodgepodge of unique ornaments. Some represent us as a couple.

Some represent family.

Some represent Steve.

Some represent me.

Some show that I like Coca Cola Classic and Steve likes the Spartans. 

And some are special and/or handmade ornaments that have been received as gifts through the years.

The stuffed animals I received as Christmas gifts from Steve (that all came with special pieces of jewelry) have planted themselves beneath the Memory Tree - except for a stuffed puppy who decided he liked sleeping on the guest room bed better. 

Since I'm not really that into stuffed animals at my age, all of these guys sleep in the bins with the rest of the Christmas stuff the rest of the year! 

So, there's our Memory Tree. It's always fun to look at the ornaments and think about the special memories connected with each one.

There's even a special blue one near the top to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.