Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New Feature: Verse of the Day

One of my plans for 2016 was to add a new feature to the blog: Bible Verse of the Day. I finally got to it yesterday. You'll find it in the left column - under the fall & winter photos of our house. You can also click on the little speaker icon if you would like to listen to the verse in context.

When I was adding this feature to the blog, it reminded me that I wanted to share something a couple weeks ago that was written by Pastor Adrian Rogers. He passed away back in 2005, but he's still on Christian radio up here. He had a way of making Bible truths very practical and easy to remember.

This is part of what he wrote in a devotional I read on January 1st.
The Shepherd's Name:  What kind of name does our Shepherd have? Jesus said His name is holy: "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name” (Matthew 6:9). His name is holy. 
Did you know that God’s name and honor are at stake by the way you live and the way I live? The Shepherd’s name or his reputation is based on the activity, welfare, and obedience of the sheep.
Isn't that a great, simple truth to keep in mind all year?

God's name is at stake by the way I live!

God's reputation (in the eyes of others) is based on my activity and obedience!

If we really meditate on that simple truth and make it a matter of prayer, it will surely affect our daily living. We will become better sheep.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.