Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Winter Wonderland

After not seeing her for 2 weeks, this gal was back on Saturday!

We thought she had gone to Eagle River to "yard up" for the winter, so we were delighted she was back. I saw 2 out there yesterday (Mama & Junior/Juniorette). They roamed around for quite a while. Our yard looks like a railroad yard.

Some of these tracks are from the deer, some are from Cocoa and some are from Steve.

More company today!

After munching on some carrots and sugar beets we still have at the edge of the yard, they came across the yard and headed for the bird feeder.

I love how one in the next photo is longingly looking up at the bird feeder. It was comical to see them stretch their necks way out with their noses pointed upward toward the feeder. The Blue Jays land on the feeder and shake it to get seed to fall on the ground. Then, they hop down and eat it. Well, the deer also enjoy it, so Steve spread some of the seed on the ground on purpose yesterday - hoping the deer would come back. So glad they did! We really enjoy watching these beautiful creatures.

I even caught this one giving itself a bath.

The BIG news up here is the mild winter we're having. As of Sunday, we've only had 46 inches. That may seem like a lot, but not here. We had more than twice that much by this time last year. Snowmobiling season started later than usual, but we saw plenty of them when we were out and about on Sunday. The forecast is calling for a lot more snow in the next week. One local forecaster is saying we could get 2 feet or more by the 14th. That's why Steve likes to say we live in a "Winter Wonderland."

I'm sitting here tonight enjoying one of my last evenings with our Christmas decor. I don't plan to start taking down our Christmas decorations until Friday or Saturday, but I may leave our window wreaths up for an additional week.

A house always seems a bit too bare after putting away the Christmas stuff, but I have a few items up my sleeve. Here's one of them.

Even though we often hear this song during December, it never mentions Christmas.

The background I used looks like a sweater.

I printed mine as a 5x7 on white cardstock. 

If you would like to print one for yourself, click on the following link:

Winter Wonderland 5x7

I should have photographed this in daylight, as it looks too brown in the photos I took this evening. It's really more white and dark charcoal.

That's it for tonight from the Winter Wonderland. I'll keep you posted on the snow!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly is a winter wonderland! I love watching the deer. Before we fenced, our back yard was a regular route for the deer. Loved watching them, but couldn't grow a thing. Now I peek out the front door now and then to see what's going on. One was right up on our porch the other night munching on the pine boughs. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to live there! I would love it. Thanks for sharing with us at the Funtastic Friday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.