Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, April 11, 2016

Longtime Friends

We had a fun and productive week in Saginaw, but I'll talk more about that after I edit the photos. I will say that we greatly enjoyed the time we spent with family and friends. You know how they say it takes a long time to grow old friends? How true!

It's always so good to see everyone at our old church, but it's impossible to talk to everyone. We always have a lot of errands to run in the Saginaw area, but we try to carve out a little time for longtime friends.

We got together and laughed a lot with these 2 chuckleheads.

That's a photo of Bill & Lori - our old breakfast buddies. It's their fault we were suffering from acute sleep deprivation while we were down there.

We were thankful we happened upon Tim & Diane at Meijer's on Monday, and they gave us a tip on a fantastic meat sale at Nixon's in Brant. Our coolers were full on the way home, and those items are now resting comfortably in our freezer. (We promised to save 2 steaks for them, so they better make it up before next winter!)

Butch and Ann invited us over for dinner on Sunday afternoon, so Steve was able to watch a Nascar race for the first time this season. Ann and I have had a running joke for years about snooping in each other's drawers. She's clearly obsessed with the idea, as she mentions it almost every time I see her. They've never spent a night at our house, and it doesn't look like they'll be able to make the trip up this year. 


So. . .


in order to satisfy Ann's burning curiosity. . .


I thought I would post some photos of my open drawers.




Yep, that's the dish towel drawer in the buffet. Interesting, huh?

Next we have the pot holder drawer. Grandma made those.

Finally, we have the silverware drawer. Ta da!

I'm sure those were the drawers she's been wondering about. (Right, Ann?)

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.