Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Feelin' Patriotic 1

Between Memorial Day, Flag Day and July 4th, I'm feelin' very patriotic. It's nice to have these days every year to help us refocus and rekindle our love of America. Despite all its problems, we still believe we live in the best country in the world - and for that, we're truly thankful. 

I recently added some patriotic-inspired items to our summer decor to honor our love of country. Let's start with Uncle Sam. He's outside by the front door. Steve's mom and stepdad made him some years ago, but he's still looking good. We did buy him a new flag this year, though.

We'll now move indoors to the simple wreath I made for the door of our Calumet house a few years ago. Since it was on the door inside the enclosed front porch there, it was never exposed to the elements. That means the wreath is clean and still looks like new, so I hung it on the window in our laundry room - a room which also serves as the garage entrance to our house.

Lastly, I had some small antique-looking flags, and one of the thin poles/sticks broke. I framed the flag to display on the buffet. Super simple - but cute.

I'll be back before Sunday to show you more of our patriotic decor.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.