Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Lighter & Brighter

OK, here we go. I've already told you how I love the white planked walls and ceilings that are so popular in interior design nowadays. I've also explained why I don't think that would have worked well in our window-filled house with our long, white (very white) Keweenaw winters. During those snowy months, it's especially nice to feel wrapped in wood. It's also nice to make our decor a little lighter and brighter for the summer months.

Here's how our master bedroom looked since shortly after we moved in last year.

Let's take a peek around the corner and see how it looks today.

We wanted cooler bedding for the summer, and as long as I was lightening things up, why not go with white?

This thin, quilted bedding reverses to gray.

It's difficult to tell from the photos, but gray thread was used for the quilting on the white side.

I purchased the quilted bedding, gray shams and printed pillowcases at Meijer's last year; and I picked up the gray sheets and pillowcases on a mega-sale at Walmart last Thanksgiving. 

It was crisp and clean, but too plain. I needed a decorative throw pillow to bring in a pop of color. 

I found this happy pillow at Kohl's in Marquette - 50% off. (You know I didn't pay full price!)

I already told you about the deal I got on the drapery panels.

Here's a before and after of the room - with and without the curtains & throw pillow.

The next shot was taken from our master closet.

Another shot of the bedroom from the master bath.

I don't think I've ever shown you a photo from the next angle. The door to the great room is on the left; the door to the master bath is in the middle; and the door to the master closet is on the right.

I'll end with 2 more before and after photos - showing the summer look and the winter look.

I'll change out the drapery panels when I change the bedding back for winter. I have one other summer decor project in this room that I'll share with you in the next post.

And. . . we had a wonderful time with friends in Copper Harbor over the 4th. I'll work on editing the photos in the next few days, so I should be able to share some of those with you next week.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.