Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Paid it All

You know how it is when you're muddling through a day and something suddenly stops you in your tracks? I had one of those experiences yesterday - trying to get through another day with a bad headache. It's difficult to feel joyful on a day like that, so I often try to remind myself of things for which I'm thankful. I'll run through a list of things in my head or repeat the lyrics of a hymn. I was singing a hymn in my head as I walked through the great room yesterday afternoon.

I hear the Savior say,
Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

It's not often that I walk through the great room without looking through our wall of glass, so I turned to look. . . and noticed this.

Can you see it?

Instead of focusing my eyes on the view outside, I focused on what was framing the view.

And when before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
Jesus died my soul to save,
My lips shall still repeat.

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

Jesus paid it all - on the cross. Thank you, Lord, for using that image to remind me.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

Shared on Thought Provoking Thursday at 3-D Lessons for Life.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    Welcome to #ThoughtProvokingThursday. Thanks for bringing a little bit of Keweenaw to this city girl. I am thankful for the cross. That hymn is one of my favorites.

    I look forward to reading more from you in the days ahead.

    Blessings,
    Lyli

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.