Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Twins!

The elusive twins! Steve had several glimpses of them in the last month. He even tried to capture them on film for us one morning, but the twins were in and out so quickly that he was only able to get one of them - at a great distance - through the screen. Then, today happened. I was stripping the sheets off the bed when I suddenly noticed some movement on the lawn. It was a doe. . . and her twins!

I hurried to the great room to grab my camera off the ottoman. As I was removing the camera from the case, Mama's head turned quickly to her left. She heard something. Being the especially cautious deer she is, she hightailed it for the woods. I didn't even have time to change the settings on my camera and was only able to capture this.

Mama had almost disappeared and the twins were following, but the second one paused briefly for a better photo.

Then, the second fawn hightailed it, too.

A brief encounter, but it was still pretty magical. It's not often one gets to see twin fawns with their mother. 

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.