Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Winter Sunrise

We're experiencing something this week that we've never experienced since we've lived here - a true January thaw! We're talking temps in the 30's, blue skies - and it hasn't snowed since Friday! We're holding steady at 156" for the time being. Yeah, we can't believe it either! 

We needed to run some errands in Houghton this week and decided to get an early start that day. I was grabbing my jacket from the closet in the foyer when I happened to notice this through the front door.

A winter sunrise! We were able to enjoy more of it on the way down Hwy. 41, as it made the snow on the cliffs look pink.

My favorite shot, however, was the one I snapped through the open front door before we left home.

I love it when the Lord gives us unexpected treats like that!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.