Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, April 21, 2017

Home!

Here's a little secret. We were on vacation from April 2-17. We had a great time visiting family in Florida, and I'll share more details about our trip soon. My allergies were triggered the minute we hit the Florida state line 2 weeks ago, and that has now turned into a full-blown sinus infection. I was down for the count Wednesday and yesterday, but I'm rallying today in order to take advantage of my free birthday meal at our favorite restaurant! 

Mr. Cut Off informs me that the last 2 days were pretty gray and dreary around here, so I didn't miss much. Today, however, we were greeted with a fresh coating of snow and beautiful sapphire blue skies. Not a cloud in sight!

Oh, it's good to be home in the peace & quiet of the Keweenaw!

We have some errands to run today courtesy of the State of Michigan. They give us the best birthday presents ever. That's the day our driver's license and license plate tabs have to be renewed. Since my birthday and Mr. Cut Off's birthday are just a week apart, we get hit with a double whammy some Aprils. Yeah, tabs for 3 vehicles and 2 driver's licenses in one week. Thanks, Michigan! So, that's on the must-do list today, and we'll meet friends for dinner later. I can rest again tomorrow, right?!

Oh, and Chloe's home, too! She's one of the deer who hangs in our backyard.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.