Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, November 17, 2017

Morning Blues

Early winter mornings in the Keweenaw.

Blue - very blue.

Now, don't get the wrong impression. Blue does not reflect our current mood. We love our winters in the Keweenaw - even when they begin in October like they did this year!

At this very moment, Mr. Cut Off is out in the woods doing one of his very favorite activities - deer hunting. That definitely puts a smile on his face. He especially loves that the woods is just a few steps away from the house, so he gets to come in every night to eat dinner at his own table and sleep in his own bed. I can personally guarantee that there are no loudly snoring men at this deer camp - and Mr. Cut Off surely has the most comfortable bed!

Me? I'm happily baking my time away indoors. Gotta keep that hunter awake and well fed while he's sitting out in the woods if I want some more venison for the freezer. Just between you and me, he says he's been watching one that has "freezer" stamped on his side - unless a bigger one comes along.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.